Carbonite Double-Take Availability
Double-Take Availability Overview
- Complete Solution: Mirroring – Replication – Failover – Failback – Monitor
- RPO (Recovery Point Objective) = Near-Zero.
- RTO (Recovery Time Objective) = Seconds to Minutes.
- Replicate & Failover Files/Folders, an Application, or an Entire Server.
- Replicate & Failover any combinations of Physical and Virtual Servers.
- Replicate & Failover to the Same Site (HA), or Remote Site (DR).
- Replicate & Failover over dissimilar Hardware.
- Replicate & Failover Clusters to Clusters, or Clusters to Standalone.
- Supports almost all Windows Server and Linux Editions.
Double-Take Availability Features
1. Differential Data Mirroring (Block Checksum Comparisons);
2.Continuous Real-Time, Byte-Level Replication (Near-Zero RPO);
3.Failover Monitoring (Network, Service);
4.Failover Capabilities (Automic/Manual);
5.Users Routing (IP Failover, Hostname Failover, DNS Updates);
6.Failback Capabilities (Data Restoration, Replication, User Routing);
- Snapshot Integration (Data Loss, Corruption);
- Bandwidth Scheduling (For shared connectivity);
- Compression (3 Levels of Compression);
- Encryption (AES 256-bit Encryption).
Double-Take Data Integrity
Files and Folders or SQL Protection
- Best if only data is needed and not server identity
- Ideal if source is a file server or SQL
- Fastest failover time from a Double-Take perspective
- Can protect between different Windows Operating System Versions
- Can be used for Clusters-to-Cluster or Cluster-to-Standalone Replications.
Full Server Protection
- Best if the entire server is required to be protected. (OS, System State, etc.)
- Does not require Application or OS maintenance on the DR.
- Higher RTO (Minutes) than Files/Folders and SQL Protection
- Only supports Standalone-To-Standalone Replications.
How Data and Applications Replication Works
How Does Double-Take Full Server Protection Works?
Full Server Protection for LINUX
- Anything to Anything Protection including dissimilar hardware, hypervisors, or platforms
- Protects the Operating System, Applications, and all data.
- Utilizes the same Double-Take Console on a Windows machine as Windows protection does for simplified management
- On Failover, Double-Take swaps the source and target file system and the target server “becomes” the source server
- Anything to Anything Protection
- Available for Standalone-To-Standalone Configuration
How Does Double-Take Full Server Protection for LINUX Works?
How Does Double-Take Full Server Failover for LINUX Works?
How Does Double-Take Full Server Reverse for LINUX Works?
Double-Take User Routing
Double-Take Availability Licensing
As of Carbonite Double-Take Availability v8.1 the Licenses are per Source Server; Target Licenses are no longer required as they are embedded with the Source.