Acronis Backup – Unique Hybrid Cloud Data Protection For Your Entire Business
Modern IT is rapidly evolving – 86 percent of companies use cloud technologies and almost 70 percent of the workforce is mobile. As a result, IT environments are becoming even more complex, putting pressure on limited IT resources as businesses depend on data and IT systems more than ever. IT disruption or loss of data leads to significant financial loss – unproductive employees, dissatisfied clients, lost sales and additional costs. With the volume of data exploding and the IT landscape evolving to hybrid cloud environments, you know protecting your data on-premises, in the cloud, and on all devices ensures business continuity.
Acronis Backup protects your entire IT environment. Using its unified web console, you get best-in-class backup of physical Microsoft Windows® and Linux® servers; virtual VMware® and Microsoft Hyper-V®; cloud Microsoft Azure® VMs and Amazon® EC2 instances; Microsoft Exchange®, SQL Server®, SharePoint® and Active Directory® applications; local and remote Microsoft Windows and Mac® workstations and laptops; as well as iPhone®, iPad® and Android® devices.
Save complete and reliable backup images to a variety of backup targets including local disks, network storage, tapes, and the cloud. Easily recover a complete image or selected files, folders, and applications.
Centralized Web Management
Easily manage all physical, virtual, and cloud machines locally or remotely via the unified web-based management console, deployed on-premises or in the cloud. Assign backup plans to one or more machines, review status updates, and receive alerts – all from a single console.
Business Application Protection
Protect Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, SharePoint, and Active Directory with consistent backups, quick application-aware restores, and easy granular recoveries of individual items such as emails or mailboxes.
Cloud Workload Protection
Back up and recover major infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud workloads, and migrate easily between various clouds, virtual systems, and physical machines (P2C, V2C, C2C, C2V, and C2P).
Virtual Server Protection
Back up and recover your Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware vSphere VMs and hosts. Migrate VMs between different hypervisors and to/from physical machines (P2V, V2V, V2P, and P2P) or cloud.
Workstation and Tablet Protection
Back up and recover Windows PCs/ tablets and Mac computers for complete protection of endpoints.
Backup Replication and Staging
Replicate backup data between various storage locations, including the Acronis Cloud. Choose to stage the data by automatically moving it to a new storage location when the retention period for the current storage media expires, or let Acronis Backup delete older backups at the end of the retention period to free up space for newly created backups.
VMware VM Replication with WAN optimization
Reduce VMware VM RTOs by maintaining a copy of your VM on a secondary site for quick failover and failback. Reduce the WAN load with built-in WAN optimization.
Acronis Universal Restore
Restore your systems to dissimilar hardware, even virtual or cloud environments, or quickly recover your entire server onto bare metal and minimize expensive downtime.
Mobile Device Protection
Back up and recover data and configuration information on any iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
Acronis Instant Restore™
Achieve amazing RTOs of seconds by starting any physical or virtual Windows or Linux system backup as a VMware or Hyper-V VM – directly from backup storage and without moving any data.
Quickly restore VMware or Hyper-V VMs by leveraging changed block tracking (CBT) and recovering only the data changed since the last backup.
VMware ESXi Host Backup and Bare-metal Recovery
Increase resilience by backing up the ESXi hosts and restore the entire system to the same or dissimilar hardware.
Acronis offers affordable options for complete data protection, including technical support and upgrades to new versions. Subscription licenses are available in one-, two-, and three-year options to suit your business needs:
- Acronis Backup Server Subscription License: Complete protection of physical servers or cloud workloads including supported applications.
- Acronis Backup Virtual Host Subscription License: Complete protection of entire VMware ESX(i) or Hyper-V hosts, including an unlimited number of VMs and supported applications.
- Acronis Backup Windows Server Essentials Subscription License: Affordable image and file backup and recovery of entire Windows Server Essentials systems including applications.
- Acronis Backup Workstation Subscription License: Image and file backup and recovery of entire Windows PCs and tablets and Mac computers for complete protection of user desktops and laptops.
- Acronis Cloud Storage Subscription License: A flexible add-on option for scalable, offsite storage in secure Acronis Data Centers, including initial seeding and large scale recovery.
Acronis also offers traditional software licenses, including first year of technical support and free upgrades.
- Acronis Backup 12 Server License: Complete protection of any physical server or cloud workloads including supported applications.
- Acronis Backup 12 Virtual Host License: Complete protection of entire VMware ESX(i) or Hyper-V hosts, including unlimited number of VMs and supported applications.
- Acronis Backup 12 Windows Server Essentials License: Image and file backup of entire Windows Server Essentials systems including applications.
- Acronis Backup 12 Workstation License: Image and file backup of entire Windows PCs, Windows tablets, and Mac Computers.
Safe, Flexible Backup
- Image-based backup of entire physical, virtual, or cloud systems
- File-based backup of selected local folders or network shares
- Backup for Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SQL Server, SharePoint, and Active Directory
- Backup of user endpoints – desktops, laptops, and mobile devices
- VMware VM replication, failover, and failback
- Flexible complete recovery options with RTOs of seconds or minutes
- Recovery of Windows or Linux machines to the same or dissimilar hardware, including virtual and cloud environments
Simplified Data Recovery
- Recovery of files, folder, databases, mailboxes, emails, and other items
- Granular recovery from Exchange and SharePoint backups
- Easy-to-use on-premise or cloud-based web console to manage all physical systems, VMs, cloud workloads, application backups, and endpoint backups
- Intuitive web-based user interface makes it easy to install, configure, and deploy
- Centralized alerting and reporting
Powerful and Efficient Storage Management
- Automatic validation and clean-up of old backups
- Replication/staging to automatically store backups in multiple locations, including the Acronis Cloud
- Data encryption (AES-256) for secure data access, storage, and transfer
Supported Operating Systems for On-Premise Console
- Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4
- Windows Server 2012/2012 R2, 2008/2008 R2 x64
- Windows 10, 8/8.1, 7 (x64 edition)
Supported Microsoft Windows
- Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4
- Windows Server 2012/2012 R2, 2008/2008 R2, 2003/2003 R2
- Windows Small Business Server 2011, 2008, 2003/2003 R2
- Windows MultiPoint Server 2012, 2011, 2010
- Windows Storage Server 2012/2012 R2, 2008/2008 R2, 2003
- Windows 10, 8/8.1, 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP Professional SP2+ (x86, x64)
- Linux with kernel from 2.6 to 4.5 and glibc 2.3.2 or later
- Various 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x86_64) Linux distributions including:
°° Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.x – 7.x °° Ubuntu 9.10 – 16.04
°° Fedora 11 – 24
°° SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 – 12 °° Debian 4 – 8.3
°° CentOS 5.x – 7.x °° CloudLinux 7, 7.1
°° ClearOS 5.x, 6.x, 7, 7.1
°° Oracle Linux 5.x – 7.x (including UEK)
Supported Apple Operating Systems
- OS X 10.08 – 10.11
- iOS 6 – 9
Supported Mobile Operating Systems
- Android 4.0 – 6.0.1
- VMware vSphere ESX(i) 6.0, 5.5, 5.1, 5.0, 4.1
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016TP4, 2012/2012 R2, 2008/2008 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016TP4, 2012/2012 R2, 2008/2008 R2 with Hyper-V
- Microsoft Windows 10, 8/8.1 (x64) with Hyper-V
Supported Cloud Workloads
- Amazon Web Services EC2 Instances
- Microsoft Azure VMs
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2005
- Microsoft SharePoint 2013
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 SP1
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 SP1
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 SP2
- Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 SP2
- Local disks – SATA, SCSI, IDE, RAID
- Networked storage devices – SMB, NFS, iSCSI, FC, FTP
- Removable media – ZIP®, Rev®, RDX®, etc.
- External HDDs and SSDs – USB 3.0/2.0/1.1 and IEEE1394 (Firewire)
- Acronis Cloud
Supported File Systems
- ReFS *
- ReiserFS3 *
- ReiserFS4 *
- XFS *
- JFS *
- Linux SWAP
Supported web browsers
- Google Chrome 29 or later
- Mozilla Firefox 23 or later
- Opera 16 or later
- Windows Internet Explorer 10 or later
- Safari 5.1.7 or later (running in Apple OS X and iOS)