Bluechip offers 24/7 server monitoring services, specializing in monitoring Small business servers, Terminal servers’ and file and print servers. We use our monitoring tools and software to measure key metrics on your business’ critical servers. The software constantly checks your network for threats and triggers off alarms if there is a problem which is then reported directly to our engineers.
Commonly asked questions from SME Business owners in UAE:
- How Much Does a Server Cost?
- What Is the Size of a Server?
- Why Is Dedicated Staff Needed To Manage A Server?
- How Does a Network Server Work?
- Who needs To manage the server?
Server Is Must for Data safety and management
As the number of users increases, the reliability of that machine would become higher, making it more difficult for the user using that system. Let’s say when you get a problem with the system and you reboot the system while other people are already accessing or processing something from the same system, you could lose your data. Not a good thing. This is where a Server comes in. It gives you centralized access.
Why is dedicated staff or IT Company needed to manage a server?
If you have only one server and you have a person that manages multiple desktops, then there’s a reasonable chance that your desktop support can manage the server. Server engineers become a requirement if
a) You need them to support client-server based applications like websites or email
b) You have multiple servers with technology specific to servers, like RAID, virtualization, or a domain/directory.
Hardware: Rack mounting, enhanced heating, cooling, and electric supply. None of these are required to have a server engineer, but to run several of them efficiently usually leads you to running some kind of dedicated server infrastructure.
Storage: Server storage usually runs on RAID, which takes a little knowledge to manage and maintain.
Backups, Recovery: If your server is accessed by multiple people 24×7, then you’ll need specific equipment, software, and processes to back that data up manually or automatically while minimizing or eliminating downtime for your users.
Security: Data on servers is accessed by multiple groups of people, each of whom have different access rights and privileges. Defining those groups and setting up appropriate data access is a task specific to server engineering.
Server applications: Web, Database, Email, etc. Supporting these applications requires specific processes that you won’t usually encounter in desktop management.
Again, if it’s only one server used for data storage, then it’s quite likely that your desktop management group can handle it (if they have time, dedication and inclination). In general, if you end up with multiple servers running dedicated applications, then you’ll have enough work to justify a dedicated server engineer.
Benefits of a Server maintained by Bluechip
- 24×7 Monitoring
- Peace-of-mind knowing we are constantly monitoring your systems
- The latest Microsoft updates and service packs installed regularly
- Sufficient free disk space is available
- Reduces downtime
- Automatic Fixes for common problems
- Improves system availability and Key applications remain consistently and speedily available
- Far more effective than telephonic support advice and reduces downtime helping your users make the maximum use of your IT assets
- Enables you to focus on your Core Business
Request a quote!
- Looking for Server Management and support for your SMB, Mid-Range or Enterprise?
- Talk to one of our certified Server Consultants today! 0097143586111